Configuration Technician 2nd Shift
We are looking for a professional who has at least 1 year related experience in a PC configuration or imaging capacity.
The primary function of the Configuration Technician is to configure and image laptop, desktop and server systems.
This is a full-time, on-site position. 2nd Shift work hours approx: 5:00p -2:00a - M-F.
Benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance. 401k with company match and PTO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install operating systems and software packages on computers.
- Install images on systems using a variety of imaging packages.
- Install hardware onto laptop, desktop and server hardware systems.
- Create asset tags and affix to hardware systems.
- Unpack and set up materials to initiate the configuration process.
- Examine materials received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies such as damaged or unmarked parts.
- Perform post imaging tasks such as renaming and joining the system to a domain.
- Troubleshoot and repair laptops and desktops that are not operational upon receipt.
- At least 1 year of related experience.
- Well versed in computer operating systems.
- Ability to document and automate software installation.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Dependable with the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional work ethic.
Future Tech is an award-winning, IT solutions provider with capabilities in 170 countries. We help companies maximize their full range of IT investments, delivering solutions for hybrid cloud, cyber security, hardware/software procurement, imaging, logistics, print management, data storage, and AI & Data Science.
Since its start in 1996, Future Tech has experienced rapid growth and become an IT partner-of-choice for global leader in the aerospace, automotive, defense, education, energy, healthcare, and manufacturing sectors.
Building Culture of Success & teamwork:
Future Tech’s culture is all about working hard, working together, and finding the best ways to help our customers, located around the world, to achieve their goals. We like folks who have a great, upbeat attitude who like to work hard and have fun. We want team players who are outgoing, like connecting with customers and enjoy working in a high-performance team.
Future Tech’s commitment to Operational Excellence has helped the company numerous awards from customers, key OEM partners, and leading IT industry organizations and media.
Recent accolades include:
Ø 2021 Northrop Grumman World Class Team Supplier Recognition Award
Ø 2020 Dell Technologies Federal Growth Partner of the Year
Ø 2020 Partner of the Year – APC by Schneider Electric
Ø 2019 NVIDIA Partner of the Year – Professional Visualization