Turbine Engine Mechanic
Position: Turbine Engine Mechanic
Job Description: Repair, overhaul and modify Turbine Powered Auxiliary Power Units. May occasionally be required to perform other duties or responsibilities in addition to or in conjunction with typical work functions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Accomplish assigned repair, overhaul and/or modification to include assembly, disassembly, inspection and functional testing tasks as assigned by leadership while utilizing current approved/accepted technical data, component maintenance manuals, overhaul manuals, engineering orders or technical drawings.
- Confer with management to resolve questions or problems.
- Maintain current and up-to-date work orders, shop travelers, and/or work documents including all pertinent paperwork related to work accomplished prior to shift change or work stoppage.
- Adhere to and uphold current company standards for production performance, housekeeping, and professionalism, includes demonstrating and employing a positive and proactive approach.
- Willingness to maintain an acceptable attendance record in accordance with APS policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess the necessary hand tools to perform position responsibilities.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and skill.
Skills And Knowledge - General:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. (in the English language)
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, drawings and documents for product specifications such as applicable repair criteria, dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to use measuring equipment (e.g. micrometers, calipers, etc.) to inspect parts for conformance to OEM specifications.
- Possess a basic understanding of aircraft systems and components including a fundamental concept of how the two interrelate.
- Ability to solve basic problems and perform computations related to proportions, percentages, unit conversion, volume, area, circumference, torque and force.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to inspect and verify conformance of finished work piece to OEM specifications before release.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. 1-2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of experience and/or training. Airframe, Powerplant or Airframe and Power plant license a plus, but not mandatory.
PHYICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. APS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.
Benefits: Competitive Pay, Paid Holidays, Accrued Vacation Time, and Group Insurance (insurance available at employee’s expense).
Salary: $18.00 – 28.00 per hour