Congoleum Corporation is currently in search of a District Sales Manager local to the Dallas, TX area. Qualified candidates will have previous experience preforming the core duties and responsibilities of this position as described below.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the District Sales Manager is responsible for the attainment of predetermined territorial sales goals while maintaining expenses within budgetary guidelines. This is accomplished through the development and implementation of sales generating programs which fulfill the needs of the manager’s respective market. The primary vehicle to accomplish the sales goals would be by developing new customers and providing sales support to existing customers through Congoleum distributors.
- Regularly trains and travels with the Distributor Sales Representative to ensure effectiveness in the marketplace
- Hold periodic sales meetings with Distributor Sales Representatives for educational and motivational purposes
- Provide information and perform demonstrations of proper installation techniques for new products
- Act as the Congoleum representative at area trade shows and at special Distributor sale events
- Responsible for identifying key retailers and developing strategies to ensure increased Congoleum business
- Responsible for the effective sample and literature updating of key installed retailers in his/her territory
- Make major display program presentation to key retailers
- Provide assistance to distributor in the construction and/or assembly of product displays within the sales territory
- Handle and inspect consumer complaints within the territory inclusive of home inspections and the preparation of documentation detailing inspection results
- Make recommendations/suggestions to Distributor management in regard to changes needed in sales coverage inclusive of changes in sales territory or the addition of new sales territories
- Respond to home office requests and directives sent via email, voice mail, and/or memorandum
- Submit weekly expense reports detailing travel and expenses incurred
- Submit Monthly Business Report detailing various marketing feedback on distributors, retailers and competitive activity
The position works under general supervision within established guidelines and policies but requires creative and innovative approaches to fulfill the needs of the manager's respective territory.
- Spends approximately 75% of his /her time traveling within sales district (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas)
- Must be able, on occasion, to lift and handle a carton of tile, which could weigh up to 45 pounds per carton
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during training seminars and floorshows
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and lift and hold objects above the head during the assembly of product displays
- Must be able to handle and use hand-held power tools to assemble product displays
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, crawl, and manipulate objects during training and demonstrations of proper installation techniques of flooring products
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in flooring or building products industry
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or related discipline
- Highly motivated, well organized individual
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Familiar with two-step distribution process
- Proven track record of sales success
Congoleum offers a competitive salary and benefit package, inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and company vehicle.
Congoleum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Since 1886 Congoleum has been committed to developing innovative flooring products that push the industry forward. Congoleum holds numerous patents for novel creations over the years and these patents have resulted in products that are like no others in the industry.
Congoleum manufactures residential and commercial resilient products that are engineered with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and that demonstrate Congoleum’s styling and design leadership.
Congoleum has plans for a successful future that includes enhanced products and styles that will show off our true flooring expertise.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (US)