The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions relating to the assigned program managers, assessments, and assigned risk. The program managers assigned to a Senior Staff Accountant are considered highly complex and require expert knowledge of Program Manager / Reinsurer / Company relationships.
- Review all data entry and cash posting entries related to their assigned programs once processed by the support staff.
- Send and monitor receipt of special reporting requests (Statutory, Premium Tax, Schedule P, Audit, Assessments).
- Perform trend analysis on all underwriting data related to their assigned programs on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve all reconciliations, invoice assigned risk, and miscellaneous invoices related to their assigned programs as processed by the support staff.
- Manage assigned Program Managers including but not limited to, contract analysis and management, risk analysis, monthly quarterly and annual reporting and receivables.
- Read, review and interpret complex reinsurance/program manager/company treaties to include but not limited to proportional, excess and facultative reinsurance treaties. Determine all calculations and financial statement impacts along with proper accounting treatment of all entries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including but not limited to Excel
- Knowledge of accounting software applications
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Receives a minimal level of guidance and direction
- Strong attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred
- Minimum 3 years Insurance accounting experience, 5 preferable
Come and join State National Companies, an innovative, dynamic leader in the U.S. insurance industry. Reach your highest potential in a business environment that rewards excellence and hard work. Receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401K plan, vacation time and an employee wellness program. Work for a publicly traded company with a 40-year track record of growth and a culture that encourages you to think creatively and continually raise the bar.
Location/Region: Bedford, TX (US)