This position is responsible for driving a truck to deliver product from the Distribution Center to the customers, in adherence with safe driving guidelines.
· Loads product onto truck at the Distribution Center and prepares for delivery. May be required to use power equipment, such as a forklift or pallet jack, to load the truck.
· Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
· Unloads product from truck to customers’ dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
· Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
· Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures. Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· CDL license required – Class A.
· Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
· Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
· Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
· Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
· Minimum two year experience driving heavy box trucks or three years experience driving tractor trailers required
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.