1st shift position
Maintenance Mechanic A is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding production machines and equipment. Repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic systems. Help maintain and repair facility HVAC and air compressor equipment. Works unsupervised.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Moves machines per detailed layout, levels and assists in all hook-ups.
2. Assist in developing and deploying maintenance and facility improvement programs and projects that improve the plant and equipment performance.
3. Assist in installation, maintenance activities, and repairs of machines, tools, and equipment, and utility systems.
4. Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
5. Schedule repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
6. Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
7. Ensure efficient operation of the plant equipment and services.
8. Assist in designing and implementing PM program on equipment as required.
9. Maintain and safely store all chemicals.
10. Maintains a safe working environment per OSHA standards
Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. Comprehend instructions, schematics, drawings, work orders, product information, equipment settings, blueprints, wiring diagrams, etc. Work from written or verbal instructions and be able to follow those directions completely and correctly. Use required measuring instruments and gauging devices. This position requires good communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and accurately to others, on a regular basis. Familiar with troubleshooting motors, servo drives, encoders and PLC’s. Mechanic must be able to use a variety of, electrical, electronic test equipment and meters, power, hand and machine tools. The use of welding equipment, precision measuring tools, fork lift truck, hoists, and overhead cranes is helpful.
Must have 5 years minimum experience in equipment maintenance.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to present information in one-on-one situations to vendors, clients, and other employees of the organization.