Need quality people to fill transportation/driver positions immediately. Person must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check along with having a clean driving record. The individual will also be required to pass a mandatory drug test. The position itself consists of handling and moving material for a large semi-conductor company here in Richardson, Texas. The position will require minimal driving and a lot of walking to various locations both onsite and offsite for our client.
This position is considered full-time and days will vary.
Mid Shift: 2pm - 10pm (May work weekends depending on schedule)
Wafer Bobtail Drivers/Material Handlers are responsible for the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of wafer pods, reticles, probe cards, flat packs and other items between the various Fabs and other locations on the customer's job site location. Each driver is required to use a small bobtail (Class “C”) truck and carts to accomplish his/her duties, in addition to the use of computers and touch-screen cell telephones. Strict adherence to any/all established protocols is required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education and minimum 2 years driving experience
- Current Class “C” Texas Operators License
- Successfully pass Drug Test
- Successfully pass Background Check (no felony or assault convictions)
- Successfully pass Motor Vehicle Record Check and maintain clean driving record thereafter
- Able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
- Possess basic math skills
- Must pass driving skills assessment (field test with Fab bobtail)
- Must adhere to all City and State laws, and Company and TI safety requirements
- Must demonstrate excellent good customer service / relations skills (professional but friendly)
- Must be adept with use of cellular phone and demonstrate good telephone courtesy skills
- Must be in good physical health with the ability to handle light repetitive lifting .
- Must have the mental ability to prioritize various tasks
- Must have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player (willing to assist other van drivers), demonstrate an ability to work with diverse employees, and demonstrate a high level of resourcefulness
- Must maintain composure in stressful situations
- DOT (Department of Transportation) Medical Card
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
- Small bobtail delivery vehicle
- Custom designed delivery carts
- Telephone, cellular telephone, hand-held scanner, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, and personal computer
We specialize in providing solutions to the most complex and challenging logistics issues. We utilize technology and our 25+ years experience in the logistics industry to provide our customers with innovative solutions that allow companies to effectively manage the flow of material and information through the supply chain. Our focus on quality and up-to-date technology, have enabled our company to participate in the success of our customers.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (US)