The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing a portfolio of reinsurance companies and associated collateral. This requires timely and comprehensive financial analysis to evaluate credit risk and assess the adequacy of collateral supporting outstanding obligations. Use of proprietary databases, external news and data sources, and successful interaction with clients and constituents is essential.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on insurance, reinsurance, and related companies.
- Manage all aspects of the collateral being held, including collateral adequacy, reserve projections, compliance with statutory requirements, and proper reflection in reports and databases.
- Maintain relationship with reinsurers, program managers and other counterparties; interact with various levels of management, internally and externally.
- Know key contractual terms and monitor compliance with applicable provisions.
- Prepare presentations and reports on an on-going basis.
- Special projects, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Accurate, well organized, attentive to details.
- Able to take direction, recognize and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Capable of managing multiple competing and often changing priorities.
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines.
- Balances individual contribution with teamwork.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Master’s Degree, CPA or CFA required (or in the process of completing).
- At least 4 years of insurance experience required.
- Property and casualty insurance experience required.
Come and join State National Companies, an innovative, dynamic leader in the U.S. insurance industry. Reach your highest potential in a business environment that rewards excellence and hard work. Receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401K plan, vacation time and an employee wellness program. Work for a publicly traded company with a 40-year track record of growth and a culture that encourages you to think creatively and continually raise the bar.
Location/Region: Bedford, TX (US)