Our client in Irving is looking for an Internal Auditor! This position will involve up to 25% travel.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit, and the major responsibility of this position is the performance of audit work (operational audits, financial audits, and SOX-internal controls engagements).
- Planning the audit work-stream conduct preliminary review of the systems and procedures used within assigned audit scope.
- Prepare plan, programs and time estimate for audit deliverables.
- Conducting the audit, perform audit in a professional manner with agreed upon scope and time estimate in accordance with audit programs.
- Ascertain that work papers evidence audit work performed and document findings.
- Evaluation results, discuss progress of audit including findings with Audit Management on a current basis during the audit.
- Draft written audit reports to Management stating findings and recommendations in regard to systems, procedures, internal controls and other appropriate matters.
- Other ad-hoc projects, join key process owners/peers to enhance and propose solutions to on-going process improvements initiatives as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is desired, an advanced degree is a plus
- CIA is required (or in process), CPA desired
- A minimum of 2+ years of audit/accounting experience (preference internal audit in manufacturing environment or public accounting experience with manufacturing industry).
- Oracle, SAP, business objects, SOX - software, Microsoft office applications.
Colvin Resources Group (CRG) is a recruiting agency specializing in placing accounting and financial professionals. We also offer placements in office administration, Human Resources, Tax, and various other areas. Since its inception in 1990, we have proudly served the greater Dallas area and have worked with some of the area's top companies.
CRG's placements include direct hire and contract service positions. As an added service, we provide the client the opportunity to payroll service their candidates. Our current clientele include companies operating in the real estate, manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, and mortgage industries.
Location/Region: Irving, TX (US)