The Credit Analyst/Accounts Receivable Specialist is the central coordinating point for credit analysis and processing customer transactions. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The position is responsible for obtaining credit approval for all new customers and credit increase requests. The position is responsible for reviewing customer orders that may have issues so that they can be released in a timely manner. This person posts and applies all customer payments. With a steady workload and varied tasks, this person will be expected to reassess priorities to meet strict deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount for processing transactions to customer accounts. This person should recognize potential problems and offer insight and solutions. Excellent communication skills will allow this person to effectively interact with internal and external clients as well as maintain a professional relationship with staff in all of our offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review and process customer orders for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policies and specific contract terms.
· Process customer credit card payments and reconcile to bank deposits.
· Review customer credit information and submit for credit approval.
· Apply all customer payments to customer accounts in a timely manner.
· Work with Sales team to verify that customer billing information is correct.
· Responsible for applying sales tax exemption certificates to customer accounts and applying sales tax credits when necessary
· Effectively handle customer and employee inquiries including account research, correspondence and communications when needed.
· Month end closing activities required.
· Review customer accounts for payment variances and open items.
· Produce reports as needed
· Must be able to function well in a high paced office.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Other related duties may also be assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
◦Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Credit Analysis and Accounts Receivable
◦BS degree in Accounting or equivalent is preferred
◦ERP experience required - SAP experience preferred