Director of Business Diversity
Plano - Corporate Headquarters
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
The North Texas Tollway Authority was created in 1997 to help advance local highway projects that lacked government funding. In addition to building and maintaining the finest roads in North Texas, we serve an estimated 7.5 million customers and process toll payments for all area toll roads and the airport toll gates. NTTAs nearly 800 employees work together to connect North Texans through safer, quicker and higher-quality roads.
The purpose of this position is to provide key leadership in defining the objectives and strategies for the North Texas Tollway Authoritys Business Diversity Program and Policy function. Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates administration of the Boards various programs also designed to increase contracting opportunities for disadvantaged business enterprises. Acts as the Boards office spokesperson; interacts with outside organizations and associations to disseminate information pertaining to contracting opportunities to the Board. Oversees contract compliance and directs the programs major outreach efforts. Manages contract compliance and the budget process. Selects, trains, manages and evaluates professional and support staff.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Business Diversity Department; oversees professional staff that analyzes, reviews, and negotiates program contract compliance; advises and oversees efforts to ensure that program objectives are met.
- Oversees NTTA Diversity program which encompasses Disadvantaged, Minority, Women-Owned and Small Business Enterprises Policies Statements and incorporates the policies, objectives and requirements of state and federal laws relating to procurement and contracts, and outlines the specific programs established by NTTA to ensure participation of disadvantaged, minority, women-owned and small businesses in NTTA procurement opportunities.
- Provides expertise with bid specifications by establishing and maintaining goals and recommending modifications, managing minimum recommended contract requirements and monitoring work progress and adherence to schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for the departments compliance division, including all compliance tracking, audit reporting and data reporting activities. The Director will oversee the design, development and implementation of an automated contract compliance tracking software system.
- Selects, trains, manages and evaluates professional and support staff. Provides leadership through monitoring, coaching, developing and motivating managers.
- Keeps abreast of developments in civil rights and equal employment opportunity laws, regulations, court decisions and Department policies and procedures as they relate Disadvantaged, Minority, Women-Owned and Small Business Enterprises activities.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Over nine years experience in the field including at least five years in a managerial role.
- Work requires managing and monitoring work performance by directing subordinate supervisors or administrators, including making final decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
- Advanced: Work requires experience and skill organizing, preparing, and delivering presentations to executive and board-level audiences. Ability to make sound recommendations regarding policy development and implementation and summarize key insights from research. Ability to build and foster relationships with key decision makers and main points of contact within the organization and the community. Evaluates customer satisfaction, develops cooperative associations, and utilizes resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment according to his or her own judgment, requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary. The assignment may be reviewed upon completion. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Advanced: Work requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs and/or processes organization-wide. Five years of progressively responsible procurement experience including hands-on contract administration and negotiations in or for public agencies. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
- Oversees budget preparation of a division/section budget. Has responsibility for approval of final documents sent to the Department Head. Reviews and approves expenditures of significant budgeted funds for the division/section.
- Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents.
- Ability to apply fundamental concepts of theories, work with advanced mathematical operations methods, and functions of real and complex variables.
- Ability to write editorials, journals, speeches, manuals, or critiques.
- Valid driver's license, purchasing certification.
How To Apply
Click Apply. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questions, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access our Frequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applying to return to this page to access the FAQs.
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.org
NTTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The NTTA is an organization sanctioned by the State of Texas to develop and maintain high-quality roadways in North Texas. NTTA tollways are designed to relieve traffic congestion and get North Texans around the region quickly, easily and safely.
Our deeper purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. With board members from all around North Texas, including Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and other surrounding counties, the NTTA represents North Texas as a whole in our mission to provide a safe and reliable toll road system, increase value and mobility options for our customers, operate the Authority in a businesslike manner, protect our bondholders, and partner to meet our region's growing need for transportation infrastructure.
Location/Region: Plano, TX (US)