The Reny Company's administrative assistant is a professional who combines experience in health insurance and medical billing with business insight and a passion for great service. The assistant will work methodically as front-end support for our bill review department to ensure the proper sorting and organization of bills prior to data entry into our software system. Must have potential for advancement.
• Receive and sort medical bills according to client specifications, state, and claimant order (types of bills include professional, hospital, dental and pharmacies bills)
• Separate and send back all incomplete bills to provider or clients
• Scan bills into the software and verify successful transmission into database
• Track scanning errors and report problems to manager for IT resolution
• Stay abreast of fee schedule states that are not up to date in the data processing system
• Understand the guidelines and differences between types of carriers/clients, which include workers’ compensation, liability, occupational accident, maritime, and non-subscribers
• Possess skills such as excellent attention to detail, medical terminology, and computer skills (such as Microsoft Office, Outlook)
• Other administrative responsibilities include tracking bill count, updating batch sheets, faxing copies of bills back to providers, and updating spreadsheets
• May be asked to perform other duties as management deems necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree or Assoc. Degree
• 2 to 4 years of administrative experience
• Experience in CPT/medical coding is preferred
• Must be fast on 10-key ( minimum of 7,000 KPH/40-65WPM) and computers and proven aptitude for working with numbers
• Must be knowledgeable of Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to multi-task effectively while meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to think strategically
• Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
• Effective analytical and interpersonal skills
The Reny Company is a rapidly growing health care cost containment company, helping clients save money and better navigate our changing health care system. We specialize in medical bill review and negotiation services for workers compensation, non-subscribers, third party administrators, and maritime clients.