Systems Support Tech II-RWY
Plano - Corporate Headquarters
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
The purpose of this position is to support toll collection, parking systems and intelligent transportation systems, install and maintain roadway systems, support server systems and standard operating systems (Linux OS). This is accomplished by configuring, installing, monitoring and maintaining systems, troubleshooting systems issues, tracking system trends, testing equipment and applications, and working with vendors. Other duties include building and deploying equipment, coordinating and leading related projects, installing/pulling wire and cable, and documenting/logging maintenance issues. Position requires technicians to be on a rotating on call schedule. Flexibility with schedule for night and weekend work due to installations of new projects and emergency type issues needing immediate attention.
- Support and maintains systems and equipment by installing and maintaining equipment, software, hardware and peripherals, troubleshooting problems and equipment failures, replacing defective parts, upgrading and installing software, completing cabling and wiring, and documenting work.
- Supports software by researching new technologies, conducting pilot projects, researching new software and upgrades, training end users, maintaining licenses, working with vendors, maintaining software databases, and troubleshooting issues.
- Installs and maintains equipment and hardware by interfacing equipment to hardware, working with audit teams and vendors to resolve issues, and testing equipment and hardware.
- Completes administrative tasks by answering the phone and responding to inquiries, assisting with user issues, sets up users, and supports the use of personal data assistants.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
- High School Diploma/GED, some college preferably.
- Some prior work experience is ideal.
- Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies. Contacts may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement. Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results. There is some opportunity for discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. The assignment is usually reviewed upon completion.
- Work requires analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Requires a valid Class B CDL Drivers License or the ability to obtain within 90 days.
How To Apply
Click Apply. Register or log-in to your account. Complete the application in its entirety, including any questions, and click Submit.
If you have questions about the application process, please access ourFrequently Asked Questions
At any time during the application process, you can click on the Job Title to which you are applyingto return to this page to access the FAQs.
Refer your Family and Friends to apply at https://careers.ntta.org
The NTTA is an organization sanctioned by the State of Texas to develop and maintain high-quality roadways in North Texas. NTTA tollways are designed to relieve traffic congestion and get North Texans around the region quickly, easily and safely.
Our deeper purpose is to enhance the quality of life for area residents. With board members from all around North Texas, including Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and other surrounding counties, the NTTA represents North Texas as a whole in our mission to provide a safe and reliable toll road system, increase value and mobility options for our customers, operate the Authority in a businesslike manner, protect our bondholders, and partner to meet our region's growing need for transportation infrastructure.
Location/Region: Plano, TX (US)